20 habits to set you up for success
Will Power and Motivation support short term success but we all know they die out and fade over time, habits and routines are what win the long game.
Here are some habits to help set you up for long term success.
You don’t have to adopt them all, some you may already be doing but have a read and see what you could improve on or adopt.
- Don’t hit snooze, get straight up
- No phone for the first hour of the day
- Drink 1 litre of water before you leave the house
- Read your morning routine
- Have your food ready and prepared for the day
- Have your gym gear packed and ready to go each day (reduce or eliminate the barriers)
- Take little pockets during the day to breath and relax
- Go for a walk at lunch
- Walk to a café further away than usual to get your coffee
- Leave your work at work, plan for the next day before you leave (don’t bring your work home)
- Listen to your favourite music or a comedy podcast on the way home to help you switch off.
- Practice gratitude (remind yourself how lucky you are to be alive and what things are great about the world)
- Sit down to eat, be mindful and enjoy your food
- No electrical devices 1 hour before bed.
- Deep breathing before bed
- No lights, no noise, phone on pilot mode whilst you’re in the bedroom
- Get in a routine for training, regular training days and times with someone to keep you accountable
- Regular meal times, book these in like an appointment, treat them like an appointment
- Plan and book your date night each week
- Create weekly time slots where you look back and review your week, what went well, what didn’t, what can you do to be 1 bit better next week?